View the trip on Google Maps as recorded by my SPoT satellite tracker:

Click here for the trip south. (finished 31May10)
Click here for the trip north. (finished 18Jun10)

Click here to read the blog in chronological order


Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 3: Disaster struck last night. The bike stopped working 50 miles west of Phoenix. The engine will turn over but not start. I was able to get it to coast into a TA truck stop, thankfully. It happened at 5:30 pm, and I spent hours trying everything I could. I met a nice 50's-ish guy who works as a diesel mechanic at the truck stop, and he saved me hundreds of dollars in towing fees by driving me to a motel at 11:30 pm. He offered to help me in the morning, and is confident we can get the bike started again with the help of his friend, Glenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment