View the trip on Google Maps as recorded by my SPoT satellite tracker:

Click here for the trip south. (finished 31May10)
Click here for the trip north. (finished 18Jun10)

Click here to read the blog in chronological order


Monday, April 19, 2010


Day 10: Luca, Choy, Evan, and I explored a pretty extensive swimming and wading cave right near Portrero Redondo. There was an long underwater lake, which ranged from waist deep to swimming, and had a couple duck unders (where we held our breath and ducked under a rock wall, underwater, to emerge in air on the other side). Click here for a video of one of the duckunders.

Afterward getting back to the truck after this, we descended Hydrophobia canyon, which I really liked! It had lots of swimming and great jumps. I was a bit cold with my shorty wetsuit and overcast weather, and I opted out of a few jumps. I think the canyon took around 6 hours or so. Click here for a video of one of the jumps in the canyon.

As we exited the canyon and started the 3 mile walk back to Choy's pickup truck, a thunderstorm started. It made it very exciting for the hike back!

No comments:

Post a Comment