View the trip on Google Maps as recorded by my SPoT satellite tracker:

Click here for the trip south. (finished 31May10)
Click here for the trip north. (finished 18Jun10)

Click here to read the blog in chronological order


Friday, May 7, 2010


Day 28: Today, while hanging out in Mexico City, I decided to walk from the hostel to the National Anthropological Museum, which I'd visited when I was 17 and is internationally renowned. The girl working at the hostel reception told me it was a 20 minute walk, but it ended up being over an hour each way. I wasn't bothered though, as the weather was nice and I enjoyed the exercise.

Some pics are above -- the ape-ish thing is Lucy, that 3.5 million year old human ancestor they found. The depiction of her in the museum was quite weird to look at -- it was just so... half human, half ape! I also filmed a short clip of the Aztec sun stone -- see it here. To be honest I'm not much of a museum person -- seeing all those objects out of their natural environment -- I just can't relate very well. I like it much more when they build sets. (They did have a few nice ones there.)

I spent some time talking with a young British couple at the hostel -- the guy was asking me if there was food other than tacos -- I laughed to myself thinking of the scene in "Brokeback Mountain" where Heath Ledger's character complains about the beans... "It's a little too early in your trip to be complaining about tacos!"

No comments:

Post a Comment